18 January 2011

Big Shot Birthday Favours


I have seen commercially available chocolate bouquets or edible blooms, and it has been ticking over in my mind that I could do something similar. My daughter's recent birthday was the perfect reason to experiment with my SU! supplies, and with the use of my Big Shot and some of our dies and punches, these decorative party favours came together in no time.  I love using SU! to create projects that don't even involve stamps, and creating custom made packaging and decorations is lots of fun.  

Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Island Oasis DSP (Summer Mini catalogue)
Acc:  Island Floral Bigz Die, Fancy Flower XL punch, Beautiful Butterflies Die, deco foam (cone shaped), toothpicks, tissue paper, chocolate, tin can

I covered a small tin can with a strip of Island Oasis DSP, then used sticky strip to adhere a cone shaped foam insert to the base.  I used leftover Christmas supplies, hence the cone shape, you could use other shapes, each would give a different finish. I punched a small hole in the flower centre and the leaves to enable the toothpicks to thread through, then topped it off with a foil wrapped chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is at room temperature, if you use refrigerated chocolate either the toothpick or chocolate may break.  That may be fine if you want to eat all the "seconds", but it will not be very efficient.  I put some small squares of folded tissue into the base then started inserting the assembled choc picks from the base up until I was happy.  These favours had 8 ladybird chocolate flowers and 2 butterfly hearts each.  

Yummy and creative.  Perfect!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...